I am proud to introduce the first sneak peek at Kobra.io V2!
Kobra started out trying to be a full-blown online collaborative IDE, and I quickly realized that wasn’t going to work. In fact, I even did some full blown market research and got over 130 responses from you, thanks!
This week I’ve taken my feelings and your survey responses and begun working on version 2 of Kobra.io. And a lot has changed, for the better of course.
Instead of trying to be a full IDE competing with the likes of several solutions that already exist, Kobra.io plans to be an easy-in easy-out collaborative editor that you can use within seconds.
So I’d like to present to you, the new Kobra landing page that will be going live on Tuesday September 2nd:
That’s right, that is the landing page. Every time you visit Kobra.io, you will be presented with a blank slate and your own URL that you can then share with your collaborators.
Just paste your code in and go.
Here are some of the slick features that everyone will have access to for free:
- Syntax highlighting support for over 100 languages.
- Built in 1 on 1 video chat and text chat.
- An easy “Paste Your Code In” editor that allows you to collaborate quickly when you need to.
- All of the themes you are used to in your every-day editor.
- Multi-cursor support, vim and emacs mode, and many other standard features and shortcuts you’re used to.
- Every file gets its own URL that you can share quickly with your collaborators.
- If you don’t want to, you don’t even have to create an account.
Kobra.io Pro Memberships will be available for $5/month or $38 for a lifetime membership (50% off Pre-Signup below). Here are the features that Pro members will get in addition to all of the features mentioned above:
- Private URLs where only people you invite have access.
- Video chat with multiple people at once.
- Gold “Pro” Badge next to your name. Show off that you’re a supporter!
- Early access to new features that I’m testing.
Go to Kobra.io to check it out!
If you have any questions, please comment below or email me and I’ll get back to you asap!